Our acoustic consultants can provide expert advice on noise issues to aid with planning applications, noise complaints and preventative measures. We also provide post-completion environmental noise assessments to confirm compliance. We conduct noise testing and reports for the domestic market
We provide acoustic assessments and consultancy services to address acoustic issues in domestic, industrial and commercial buildings
Audio Visual & Multi Media
Understanding & developing design for hi-tech Media Enterprise is an important aspect of what we are geared towards. Working with international data & media companies we provide key media technology designs including sound systems & HDMI high definition visual communication links, for conference centres, hotels, convention centres, offices, bars and once off house projects.
Part L Compliance
JAK have specialist Building compliance Engineers who can assess, advise and sign off on Building compliance. We offer a complete turnkey service to developers and Architects which include production of detailed building compliance specification for all types of buildings.
We offer complete route & branch investigations on existing buildings and advise on methods for improved performance. Production of detailed building element specifications including; air tightness, thermal bridging, windows & doors, Building elements, HVAC & controls.
The overall aim is to create a healthy building performance which is cost effective to build, maintain and achieve compliance
Building Modelling Analysis & Simulation
An extremely important aspect in any building is the availability of natural light and the optimisation of this. Our designs allow for the utilisation of daylight in compliance with the appropriate regulations. We provide advice on internal daylight quality as well as other services including:
- Daylight/Sunlight impact surveys for planning applications
- Overshadowing assessments
- Daylight/Sunlight calculations for basements and other developments with limited lighting
- Rights of Light consultancy and assessments
- Lux Plan
- Daylight calculations
- Daylight distribution analysis
We provide mechanical design engineering & consultancy solutions to the built environment. Our Engineers and consultants provide expert mechanical design solutions using their wealth of knowledge, and experience to provide bespoke designs which are practical, sustainable, and considerate of the project particular specific requirements. Some of the services we provide as part of our mechanical design include:
- Complete mechanical design services
- Mechanical Technical Specification and Performance Specification
- Plantroom Design
- CHP- Combined Heat & Power
- Water Services – Hot, Cold and Mains Distribution
- Soils & Waste Drainage Systems
- Gas Distribution Systems
- Integrated BMS & BEMS Controls
- Air Conditioning & Climate Control Plant Design
- Ventilation Services Design, Carpark Ventilation / Elevated Building Ventilation / Habitable Ventilation
Electrical Engineering Design
We provide electrical design engineering and consultancy solutions which take into consideration all aspects of electrical design. We create an interface with electro mechanical controls and general electrical infrastructure to form our design development for commercial, industrial and domestic buildings. Some of the services we provide include:
- Complete Electrical Design Services
- Electrical Technical Specification & Performance Specification
- Power Distribution
- HV – MV & LV Power Distribution
- Cable Conveyance & Containment System Design
- Lighting Systems Design – Internal & External
- Lighting Controls, Absence & Daylighting – Intelligent
- Emergency Lighting Design
- Fire Alarm Design
- ICT Data & Communication Services Design
- Security Systems – Access, Biometrics, Intruder, CCTV
- Mechanical Equipment Wiring
Renewable Energy & Consultancy
The environment and sustainability is always a primary focus in our designs. We have accredited energy consultants who are at the forefront of energy design & renewable systems. Energy design and considerations are a constantly moving challenge and we therefore are continuously assessing methodology, products & systems around the world.
- We provide assessment of prevailing forms of renewable energy generation and sustainable systems.
- Considerations for design to achieve compliance & developers expectations – PV / SOLAR THERMAL / HRU VENTILATION / HEATPUMP / DISTRICT HEATING / ALTERNATE ENERGIES
- Energy audits including energy scheme (SEAI) and other bodies
ICT Infrastructure Design
JAK provide expert advice, consultancy & design services which help our clients build up fast speed, secure network infrastructures to carry data information and build real time links for their business requirements.
- Connectivity through infrastructure, design & knowledge. High Speed data requirement, fibre technology & links data server managers.
- Connecting through high speed systems designs to service Data Centres, secure data protection for sensitive business developments
Passive House Design
Passive house design is the leading, internationally-recognised standard for achieving exemplary energy-efficiency standards in buildings. JAK have vast experience providing complete design services for housing developments which are entirely low energy consumption houses. Passive houses do not just meet the standards set out by the Passive House Institute, they exceed them. Our accredited passive house engineers carry out Passive House Planning Package calculations, air tightness surveys, thermal bridging analysis and dwelling comparison’s when providing designs for passive houses.
Our understanding & constant involvement in local & European legislative directives allows us to forecast change at early stages and keep our clients & colleagues reliably informed.
Understanding the environment in which you are working is essential. JAK provide thorough feasibility studies at our client’s request. We are equipped to deal with all aspects of engineering studies, enabling us to gather information and asses parameters for our clients which will assist them in making key decisions on potential projects and site developments.
A thorough feasibility study can help identify if a given project should be undertaken by determining costs and risks associated with various areas of the project development. Areas covered are but not limited to:
- Heating option comparisons
- Serviced site requirement
- Energy usage comparisons
- Life cycle performance for systems
- Running costs & maintenance
- Sinking fund assessment
- Site Optimisation
- Renewable technologies comparisons
Our approach to fire engineering ensures we deal with early and potentially dangerous challenges within the area of building development. We provide early assessment and advice for fire prevention and detection strategies within a variety of building types.
Static detection systems, sprinkler, vapour mist & Ansul systems all fall under the remit of our professional engineers.
Specialist Lighting Design
Our recognised lighting design engineers carry out lighting design for applications such as libraries, offices, sports grounds and laboratories while also providing decorative lighting for atmospheric levels in bars, restaurants and showrooms. We also provide detailed lighting design for smart use of day lighting, Theater lighting & task specific specialist lighting systems.
Cost Management / Project Delivery
Our firm has the benefit of combining our many strengths of our Professional Consultants which allow us to offer our clients a robust project delivery. We provide management on projects where the main services scope fall directly under are remit.
- Design Management
- Legislative Compliance
- Life Cycle costings, carbon & energy management
- Cost engineering & cost management Procurement